Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Let's Get Serious

I'm only saying that because it's been so long since I have posted anything that I didn't even remember setting this up 3+ years ago until I tried to set up a blog on the SAME website. That's a real "Been thar, done that, got the t-shirt", good buddy.
Anywho, here I am watching an array of brain dead TV shows that rate from tolerable to occasionally funny to hilarious. I am all for this "genre" of show availabilities. I have learned over the years that every one's brain needs a break on a regular basis. I was working several years ago as a sales rep, drove around all day long, I was a single mom with a baby and I was serving on 3 Boards of Directors, one of which I was the secretary and treasurer. (Yawn!) I couldn't remember how to get to the next town. It was only 3 miles and 1 exit away on the interstate. I thought I had Alzheimer's Disease and my doctor diagnosed me with "brain overload"... too much going on in there. I resigned from all the Boards I was on but the one I enjoyed the most. So I rest my brain every chance I get. I hope this practice extends my life.

Our air conditioning is on the blink and the part(s) will come be in between 2 and 10 days. It's warm outside but the back doors are open and the fan is on. It's tolerable now but may not be later. Either way, we will survive. Funny how my husband goes out of town when this happens. All I've got to say is thank goodness for home warranties!

Since today is the first day of September, my thoughts are all about Fall, my favorite season. I told my husband on Saturday night that I couldn't wait until I had to wear a (heavy) coat again. The hot flashes along with a combination of medications amplify the extreme temperatures we have had this summer.
Anyway, stay with me...
I am keeping a close eye out for additional pieces of a set of dishes that I started to collect: Westbourne by Spode. They are a very "Fall-ish" set of transferware that were offered by Williams Sonoma several ago. I think it's a little too early to put out the plethora of turkeys and assorted other Thanksgiving appointments. But I have been pondering my Christmas Village set-up schedule. A friend suggested that I start soon after Labor Day. I AM good at over-committing. It's a woman thang...

The kitchen is a disaster and I have spent all of my waking hours avoiding it. I think I all but finished our Christmas shopping yesterday after an extended visits to different Tuesday Morning locations. I have come to the conclusion that we all have too much "stuff", as George Carlin called it. I don't want to draw names anymore. I don't want anything from anybody except from my daughter. If she would just start cleaning up after herself, follow the custom-designed schedule I have written for her and stop conducting science experiments in our kitchen. I have only selected the most well-thought out, perfectly appropriate gifts for a select few. I prefer to give than receive.

After a phone call this afternoon from my friend and fellow bitch, Tracy, Friday (otherwise known as "Girlfriend Day") will result in a very fun trip with Tracy, Tina and yours truly to the local fairgrounds for the "Antiques and Collectibles" show after an early morning, private viewing of the chick flick "The Sweetest Thing". Hopefully everything will pan out as scheduled. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mean People Suck.