Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas is Over, Where Did It Go?

The new year has brought some interesting weather to our little hamlet of Cornelius. It has been unseasonably cold which has been a blessing given my recent history of hot flashes. I was told that alcohol does everything but reduce the frequency and intensity of my hormonal "lady-condition". Hell, I see commercials for ED and whatever "syndrome" they have on the hour on tv now. I was embarrassed, more like MORTIFIED by Kotex commercials when I was old enough to know what that was. How in the world did we get where we are now????? I think maybe that lawyers have something to do with the direction we are headed in.
Anywho, the snow (they said) started around 4:00AM Monday morning. Well, I KNOW for a fact that it had started before then because I was up at 4:30AM and there was already at least 2 inches accumulated here at home. This is my kind of weather! I stay in my jammies all day long and cook, clean and organize areas of my house while Olivia runs in and out all day long. And of course, she expects hot chocolate and soup ready and waiting upon every return. I made 2 very large pots of soup and the first, chicken noodle is already gone (which I consider a testimony to my success). The Split Pea soup pot was emptied into a large container and refrigerated for tomorrow's menu. This was one of my best batches ever. It's amazing what a difference dried rosemary makes.
I am sorry to say that my stint at Williams-Sonoma may be slowly coming to an end. I only have 4 hours this week and no hours next week. It may only be due to the impending post-Christmas lull in retail but time will tell. It's a really fun job and the time goes by so fast.
Olivia returns to school tomorrow on a two-hour delay. Mckenna has been here since Sunday night and the two girls have had a blast. It's been a pleasure having her here.
Sorry I have been negligent in my responsibility to write in my so-called "journal" (wink-wink, nudge, nudge). I would promised to do better, but I know who I'm dealing with....!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mean People Suck.